Sunday, September 14, 2008

Week 3

Nick has had a very busy week. I moved a playpen into the living room so he can spend time out with the rest of the pack. When I am at work, he is down in the whelping box with mom but he is now in the middle of fun when I am home. I try to leave one side of the playpen folded down so the other dogs can play with him and Katsuk can feed him but he escapes more often than not and I find him shooting around the living room, peeing and chewing on everything. Faethe is his favorite dog- he loves to chew on her long curly hair and she is very gentle with him. He had his first trauma this week by walking out into the kitchen which has a floor covered in dreaded linolium. He yowled for a couple minutes until he realized no one was coming to rescue him and then he scooted off the floor on his own. When he starts solid food next week, I will feed him in the kitchen to help him get used to the floor. He has passed the 5 lb. mark and looks so much more mature than my past litters at this age- there is certainly a benefit to getting all the food and attention! This week will bring our first puppy guests as a couple families will visit Nick to help socialize him with children and strangers. Below are some pictures taken over this last week.











No comments: